Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Our Handmade Christmas..


This year is our first real Christmas in our little cottage.  Two years ago we were just moving in and last year we spent Christmas in Queensland with our families.  It's such a lovely time to be able to decorate and add a little bit of magic to our home and I wanted to create something that really represented our passion for sustainable living and all things handmade and local.  After a few weeks in the making, I'm so excited to share our Christmas porch.  


The feature of the porch is our handmade Christmas tree, made from salvaged floor boards and left over house paint.  It is decorated with solar fairy lights, a festive lantern as the star, recycled paper decorations from Polli and lolly bags from Poppies for Grace, both from Fine and Sunny.


I hand dyed a yellow cushion to  throw on the couch, added a couple of Dream Catcher vases and some beautiful flowers from the local Farmers Market.


Above the Christmas tree are some handmade decorations.. A star garland (stay tuned for the DIY), and a stand of  fun pom poms.


As the sun goes down and the solar fairy lights begin to twinkle, it's the perfect place to spend a festive summer.

Happy Tuesday!
Much Love
xxx

15 comments:

  1. beautiful! And those dream catcher vases are AMAZING! I will be trying my hand at making those in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the christmas tree. The porch looks beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it, it's so perfectly australian! and i didn't know you're from queensland, how'd you guys end up in victoria?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, so clever. Looks gorgeous. I can imagine sitting out there relaxing. Sherry :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so pretty.....and inviting! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. I love Christmas so so much. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one very cool christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Sophie! So Aussie it's awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your handmade tree, looks good both in the day and at night not many trees do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very creative Christmas tree Sophie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a wonderful space! That tree is an ingenious idea! I can't wait to see how you make the star garland- I like stars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so great! I love it all - especially the tree and garlands. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x