Sunday, 19 February 2012

Flea Market Finds..


Happy Sunday everyone! How has your weekend been? Did you get to any garage sales, flea markets, thrift shops filled with lovely crockery and pretty dresses (my favourite kind)? Whatever you've been up to, I hope it's been wonderful.  Thanks so much for stopping by and playing along last week.  My Internet connection has been really slow this week so I haven't been able to pop by and see everyone's finds, but it seems to be back to normal today so I can't wait to stop by and check them all out this afternoon.  Be sure to tell your thrifty friends about Flea Market Finds too. You can check out everyone's finds from last week over here

This week I must say, I had a few super wonderful thrifting adventures.  In fact, it may have been one of my favourite weeks, ever! Along with my midweek finds, I also gathered six lovely vintage dresses which are headed for Wilde Asher and I also found these delightful bits and pieces.


I literally almost fell over this type gorgeous blue typewriter, which was hidden inside a dusty old maroon case.  It certainly made my day and makes a total of three blue typewriters in my ever growing collection.


I saw these lovely mushroom canisters from a distance as I walked into the shop and actually ran over to get them.  Funnily enough I was the only person in the shop, so I must have looked quite amusing.  They are in perfect condition and I'm totally smitten. 


Another one of my favourite finds from the week is this set of beaded retro placemats.  The colours are so vibrant and match the kitchen perfectly.  Must have a dinner party soon.


And I can never resist a gorgeous retro pattern. You might have seen my kettle earlier this week but I'm a wee bit in love, so I couldn't resist sharing it again.  It could be the most lovely kettle I've ever seen.

I'd love to know what you found this week.  To play along  just leave a comment and add your flea market blog post link in the Linky below so we can all check out your goodies. It would be just so sweet of you to link back here from your blog too, so that others can play along.  Remember you can play any time during the week! Oh and pop over to Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Please feel free to upload your fabulous finds to the Flea Market Finds flickr pool too.   Looking forward to seeing all of your lovely thrifty pictures. If the Linky disappears, just refresh your browser.

Happy Thrifting!
Much Love
xxx


  

37 comments:

  1. Another great week of finds Sophie. I have to agree the kettle and placemats are awesome,money are definite stand outs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo I want those mushroom jars, how super cute! The kettle is beautiful too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those mushroom cannisters! i feel like i've seen them at so many thrift stores... one of these days i'm going to have to pick up a set for myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great bits and pieces, the kettle my favourite this week. Will you use it on the stovetop or for display?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have about 4 or 5 sets of the mushroom canisters! They are my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That typewriter is fantastic!!

    My thrift score of the week is a vintage YSL scarf with a red, dark and light blue heart pattern. It is so gorgeous, especially since it was marked down to 1.25 and then half off that, so about .63!

    I'll have to share a pic soon! :)

    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sophie what a marvelous find..the vintage green typewriter!! I found a teapot the same colour this week. Isn't it just the best green ever. Oops, I just noticed you said it was blue??? sorry looks green to me : ) Green/blue...lovely. Have a wonderful week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so right! That typewriter is beautiful. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who can pass up a typewriter, really!? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love that typewriter and the pattern on the kettle is very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I brought some really cool yellow gingham placements that I have no use for, but they are sure pretty to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im in love with that kettle I love the print on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Mum had a typewriter just like that when we were kids! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That typewriter is perfect! Hope to find a similar one one day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That kettle!!! What an amazing find.
    xx Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  16. that kettle is amazing. no, infact i have no words for it. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That kettle is gorgeous. I picked up that Pyrex dish not long ago (I think it was English Pyrex?).

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the typewriter Soph. How many does that make so far? x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You were certainly a lucky shopper this week. My favorite is the vintage typewriter, love the color. Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The little kettle is so cute, I love the pattern. That typewriter is amazing too, it's surprising what can be found in dusty old cases!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The typewriter is beautiful! Great finds :)
    http://madnessanmusings.blogspot.com/2012/02/style-icon-keira-knightley.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love typewriters. Great find. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've found myself running to get something in a thrift store too (well, at least walking as quickly as possible!). Fun times! The excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh I am so coveting your blue typewriter! ANd your kettle would simply make the yummiest cups of tea. SO lovely to be back in your beautiful space again. Ta very muchly :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. The mushroom canisters are great! I happened to find a pair of mushroom salt and pepper shakers..my favorite score!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You MUST tell me the make of that kettle, just so I can obsess about finding one just like it, it's fab!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous finds. I love the typewriter. Reminds me of the hours spent typing school projects.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that teapot! I also love anything with bright crazy vintage patterns. I found your blog today through Owl Really! I added my link from my antique shopping trip yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am SO jealous of that beautiful typewriter. I love them so much (I may have a pinterest board dedicated to them), but I just don't have the room for any right now. Such a shame (although I'm sure I'll crack before too long, especially for a turquoise one)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I understand why you ran to the canister set....so cute! Lucky you!!! Thanks for hosting the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love them all, the typewriter is divine. I have a mushroom canister almost identical to those, sadly, it's little mushroom cap lid broke a few years ago :(

    ReplyDelete
  32. Typewriter, kettle, canisters! I love them all! Oh, dear, dear, dear. :) I could only dream of actually finding a beautiful (non-electric) typewriter! Definitely in my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You always find the loveliest things! I love the mushroom canisters!
    I lurk often, but today, I decided to link to the pretty, retro dishes I found a few days ago.
    I'm off to visit the other great submissions! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x