Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day my friends! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful day and sharing the love with all those you adore.  I just couldn't resist giving our fireplace a little love to celebrate and although there isn't much in the way of decorations in the local shops, I got a bit creative and with a traditional red and pink colour palette to embrace all things lovely!


This vignette came together with bits and pieces from around the house, including my great grandmother's pretty pink tea cup, a photo from our wedding day, a super cute pair of mice my hubby bought me for our last wedding anniversary and of course some pink musk sticks.


On the other side, I grabbed a cheap vase from Kmart, wrapped it in yarn and added a few sweet lolly pops. A vintage tea tin, owl vase and Rob Ryan print add a little more love.


My heart garland is made from bulsa wood, tissue paper, yarn and MT tape.They were so much fun to make, I think I might have to add a few more strands around the house. 


And of course, the city of love and one of our favourite cities, couldn't dodge the Valentine celebrations.  I added a heart with MT tape and an arrow with a chalk marker.

Tonight we are cooking up some of our favourite things for dinner and desert and listening to our favourite tunes. What are you up to on this day of love? Whatever you're plans, I hope you have a LOVEly day!

Much Love
xxx

6 comments:

  1. you are a wee bit cute! i love your display.
    we are having dinner at home too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet post! Enjoy! My husband and I are planning dessert, wine and a movie tonight xsarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love how it's all so v-day themed! I totally have a Paris print too & now I'm tempted to also put a tape heart over it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the little valentine details! somehow february snuck up on me and I never got out my little hearts this year - oh well, maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the little Valentine's vignette's! They are so pretty! And the garland is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x