Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Eclectic Living..

Here at Her Library Adventures, we just love eclectic living, a room filled with tales from far away places, narratives that stretch across oceans and back to decades past. Creating beautiful interiors is all about storytelling.  So I thought it would be lovely to regularly share some of the amazing and remarkable homes that catch our attention and have us constantly dreaming about redecorating. Here are a few of this week's favourites..


This inspiring work space.. Worn desk, gorgeous sewing machine and collection of vintage scissors equals perfection. 


This dining room had the most wonderful mix of styles and colours that just somehow work so well together.  Clustered artworks create a standout feature wall and great conversation starter at a dinner party.


The beautiful world of Paula Mills.. What a perfect place to store books! And I must keep my eye out for lovely vintage trophies on my next thrifting adventure.


Every girl should have a dressing table and I just can't resist the fabulous Hollywood mirror and those wonderful hats. 


For me it's the subtle details that make this dining room.. The little bursts of colour, fascinating light fixture and stenciled numbers work oh so well.  

I'd just love to hear about your favourite inspiring rooms too.
Much Love
xxx

Click on links for original images

13 comments:

  1. Will be rushing over to ogle Paula Mills' site - that fireplace crammed with books is to die for, utterly divine! In fact that whole room is my sort of space . . .

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this set. i've got a couple of those pinned...such goodies! redecorating & rearranging is always so refreshing. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this kind of style too - mish mash of life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love clothing hanging as part of the decor. Happens in my house all the time when I am trying to air something then like where it is and like looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great collection! I just pinned a couple too... I especially love that feature wall of paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely collection, I adore all these spaces. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful collection. I have to admit, I am a total collector and love eclectic living, but it's not really Mr. BB's cup of tea. He's learning to love it more and I am learning to be more streamlined in my approach but these images are just making me want to go out and collect, collect, collect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your taste mirrors mine exactly! i even have some of the same pics saved in my photo library! thebluekazoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. the dining room is fabulous and I love the scissors on the wall in the fist shot. Gee people have such a great sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, the first picture! I just showed it to my boyfriend saying 'that's what I want, that's what I want!'
    Such a wonderful choice for spaces <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous picks! I love seeing inspiration like this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything!!!!!


    Steph at http://mycreativebrightside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the third picture in my inspiration folder already!

    bxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love ~ Sophie x