Friday, 7 December 2012

Soul Adventures.. Part One

"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind."
 - Caroline Myss

Over the last week I've been on a soul adventure, trekking down the Great Ocean Road.  Along the way I saw some incredible parts of Australia, met some amazing people and took some time to quietly sit, take in the vast beauty of this remarkable world and do a little soul healing.  

As I stood on the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean and wandered deep within the enchanted rainforest world, nature embraced me with open arms and reminded me that I was home.   

Each day the weather shared the many beautiful personalities of the universe.  From one of the hottest days so far this summer, to thunderstorms, double rainbows and wild winds, I was reminded to persevere, to dance in the rain and embrace the beautiful moment when a storm passes and the sun shines again. 

My home for the week was a little green tent, adorned with floral bunting and filled with the treasures I found throughout my adventures.  I embraced early mornings and found myself alone on the beach filling my soul with yoga, tai chi and replenishing ocean swims.  In those quiet moments, when there are only seagulls for company, I began to find the answers to the questions that had been filling my mind.  I was at peace.  

My soul adventures continue on Saturday as I embark on the next part of my journey to Ballina and Byron Bay for a week of yoga, meditation, time with beautiful new friends and with an open heart, embracing the true beauty of the universe. I look forward to sharing more of my adventures soon. 

Much Love 
Sophie
xxx

12 comments:

  1. How lovely. Great pictures. Enjoy the peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautifully written. Your soul pours out of the screen into each of our hearts. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos.. I would love to go on my own little journey one day. Enjoy!

    x Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say anymore than, beautiful. Such a wonderful thing you've given yourself this time. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds like such a soul-finding journey! I am very, very jealous of your trip. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful words, it sounds like the trip was perfect for you. AND heading to Byron for yoga... bliss!
    Rhi xx
    (can i ask what program you use to add the words to your photos?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use photoshop on my instagram photos. :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos Sophie - looks like a lovely place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you to be taking the time to do this, to go on this journey, and seek a little solitude at times. Your tent just makes this city-gal want to crawl in, and 4 years ago my husband and I drove to the Byron Bay lighthouse on our honeymoon. Upon arriving, an old man beckoned at us from the road, "you've arrived just in time, the whales are here!" At least 8 whales were spouting from down below, it was pure magic. I hope you stand at that lighthouse this week. It was incredible. Cheers to your next moments, can't wait to read about them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! ~ I just love receiving your comments! I'll be sure to pop by your place too. Much love and vintage dreams ~ Sophie x